Ignition Festival, Glasgow - Paddock/Arena

#DaysOut: Where do I begin?  Last weekend saw the launch of a brand new Festival of Motoring - 'Ignition' - in Glasgow.  There was no way I was going to pass up the chance to attend and purchased my ticket as soon as I could, in the pre-sale.  I had completely forgotten that pre-sale purchases using certain codes were entered into prize draws, so when I received a phone call telling me I had won, it was a complete shock - a very good one at that (pictures of my track experience prize are in the next blog post)!


Ignition Festival ran from Friday 5th - Sunday 7th August, and as my ticket was for the Sunday, I spent two days checking out all the news and pictures on social media getting very excited!  There was so much to see and do, including: exhibitors in the main arena, a test drive area, the live track sessions and live shows in the back of the arena.  Even though I was there all day, I didn't manage to see everything!

I went by myself, but it turned out that I knew a few of the volunteers who were at the event and the other volunteers I met were lovely and friendly too!  I also managed to introduce myself to some VisitScotland work colleagues who were at the event with Hamish the Coo-Van (although they might have thought I was a little mad, because I was pretty excited all day!).

Here are some pictures I took in the exhibition hall and on my tour of the paddock.

Audi R8 V10 - this ended up being the car I got taken out on the track in!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2018.

Aussie Daft!